CLASSIC ELEGANCE FOR THE TROUT FISHERMAN!
Are you aware that “fario” means trout? Fario is the Latin word for trout that live in rivers and streams, Salmo trutta fario, if we are to be precise. Our new Fario Trout Series are produced with deep, stable and strong actions, aimed at the serious trout angler. These are rods that will handle big fish without sacrificing feeling and delicacy. So important when fishing with thin tippets for selective trophy trout. The deep, yet very precise action in these rods will appeal to both intermediate and expert fly casters and anglers. They will handle long lifts, Spey casts, delicate presentations or distance casts with equal ease. We believe they will become many an angler's “best friend” in the next years. Fario expresses classic elegance and style with tasteful, subtle coloring and finish, with attention to the small details to lift it just that little bit above the rest.
The Fario Experience
- A nice deep Medium Fast action, supported by a strong, precise tip.
- Enough power for long casts, yet sensitive and subtle for “in-close” fishing.
- Actions absorb those first hard to control moves and sudden explosions of big fish hooked at a short to medium distance.
- Short to mid range fishing is supported by the deeper, immediate reaction of the whole rod during casting.
- These rods will generate a high line speed and with the stronger upper section, tailing loop problems are reduced.
- The deep load into the butt section makes for easy Spey and roll casts even in the lighter line weights and shorter lengths.
- High gloss olive colored blanks.
- Burgundy wrappings with metallic copper trim.
- Reel seats with burled wood insert and laser engraved Mayfly on the butt cap.
- Beautiful, high quality reversed half wells cork grips with dark cork ring inserts.
- Classic hard chrome light weight snake guides.
- Exclusive powder coated Fario aluminum rod tube with logo and engraved mayfly. Each rod is packed in tasteful canvas rod bag.
- Alignment dots and rod ID markings on each rod section.
FARIO - Rod by Rod Guide
|FARIO 802 | 8’0” | #2 | 4-piece|
A great little rod suited for ultra light fishing in small creeks and ponds.
|FARIO 763 | 7’6” | #3 | 4-piece|
The shortest rod in the range is great fun to use in small waters, with little room to cast, when the target is small to medium sized fish with large attitudes.
|FARIO 863 | 8’6” | #3 | 4-piece|
This is as close to a true all round rod as we will find in a three weight. The action is deep and sensitive, very well suited for close range fishing and for the use of thin tippets. The tip of the rod has a stability that lets you fire casts well into the longer range as well, when needed. Matched with a fast WF line such as our 4Cast, it will also perform well with a variety of Spey or roll casts .
|FARIO 804 | 8’0” | #4 | 4-piece|
Another sweet rod for the more delicate fishing found in smaller rivers. Fits the bill nearly every place where room to cast is limited. You will be pleasantly surprised by the deep and strong action that generates good stability and tracking for the most accurate of casts. A great fit with a Presentation or High Water #4 line.
|FARIO 904 | 9’0” | #4 | 4-piece|
A rod that will be equally at home in lakes, as well as medium size creeks and rivers. A very good first choice for many trout and grayling fishing applications.
|FARIO 1004 | 10’0” | #4 | 4-piece|
Custom made to suit Czech nymph-fishing techniques. The choice of competition anglers in middle Europe. Superior control and the perfect action for short line nymphing with long thin leaders. Perfect for fishing tungsten weighted flies.
|FARIO 865 | 8’6” | #5 | 4-piece|
Easy to use, very accurate and efficient in a wide variety of waters, still as well as running. Makes many other 5-weights feel like a 7 weight!
|FARIO 905 | 9’0” | #5 | 4-piece|
The 9 foot 5 wt. is probably the number #1 trout rod size and this one lives up to the expectations as being a superb all rounder. The relatively deep rod load is balanced by a stiffer tip that makes the rod track very exactly, with excellent long line pick-up and casting of bushy dries and streamers.
|FARIO 866 | 8’6” | #6 | 4-piece|
Especially developed for the angler who targets large trout with streamers, nymphs and hoppers in smaller overgrown rivers and creeks. Great for Spey casts and smooth open loop casting.
|FARIO 906 | 9’0” | #6 | 4-piece|
A rod capable of handling tough the tundra environment with hard winds, tough hiking, sink-tip lines as well as large rabbit fur streamers or the odd, surprise 20lbs salmon charging a nymph in the upper Kharlovka region.
| MODEL||AFTM||LENGTH||WEIGHT||PCE|| ACTION|